Treasure Junk- Off the beaten path cruise in Bai Tu Long Bay

       

Weather Issue

Note about Treasure cruise cancellation due to weather conditions

Note about Treasure cruise cancellation due to weather conditions

 

Because it is always better to be clear about everything from the beginning, please read all this very carefully. Cancellation due to weather conditions in Halong is something that happens several times a year.

Weather conditions in North Vietnam can be pretty adverse sometimes and hit sparsely through the year in different forms. To make it short, cruising in Halong could be suddenly forbidden by the authorities in charge due to dangerous weather conditions :

Storms or tropical depression through summer and fall mainly.

Thick fog during winter and spring time.

Too abundant monsoon rains between June and the end of August.




The way we deal with it highly depends on the time we get the information from the authorities in charge. Authorities generally communicate their decision at either 8.00am, 11.00am or 3.00pm. 5 different situations are then the most probable to arise and to concern you:



1. We are informed about the authorities’ decision not to allow boats leaving the pier before our departure from Hanoi at 8.00am. The tour does not leave Hanoi. We can help you to reschedule your trip and book replacement services or so. In that case, full refund for everyone.



2. We are informed about the authorities’ decision not to allow boats leaving the pier at 11.00am AFTER our departure from Hanoi. In that case, we will have lunch on the boat and then drive back you back to Hanoi. We charge 37 USD per person and refund the rest.



3. The authorities allow the boats to cruise during the day but hold them back at the pier for overnight. We arrange a 1-day trip. You will have lunch on the boat, cruise the bay for about 4 to 5 hours [kayaking might be impossible] and have dinner on the boat before returning to Hanoi. Arrival time is expected to be at around 11.00pm at your hotel.

In that eventuality, if we get the information from authorities at 8.00am, you will have the choice to cancel the trip and get full refund. Or to go for it and be charged 90 USD per person while being refunded the rest.

If we receive the information at 11.00am or 3.00pm, we will process the day trip; you will be charged 90 USD and refunded the rest.



4. You planned to go on a 2-night cruise, but the boat will be forbidden to cruise in the afternoon of the day 2 and will have to spend the second overnight at the pier. If so, we shorten your trip to a 1-night cruise and refund the price difference.



5. You planned to go on a 2-night cruise, but the boat will have to spend the second overnight at the pier, while it is still allowed to cruise in the afternoon of the day 2. If so, we shorten your trip to a 1-night plus 1-day cruise. You have dinner on the boat on the second day of the trip before returning to Hanoi. Arrival time is expected to be at around 11.00pm at your hotel. We charge you the price of a 1-night cruise + 50 USD and refund you the rest.



For kids aged from 6 to 11 years old and paying 50%, we will apply the same policy and charge 50% of the amounts mentioned above.

 



In case anything seems not clear to you, please feel free to ask further explanations to our travel consultants. And in case of cancellation we please you to keep those few very important things in mind:

We are absolutely not responsible for any cancellation decision.

When the overnight on boat is compromised, we will help you for any hotel arrangement in Hanoi you may need. But the room will be at your charge.

We try our best to minimize the inconvenience caused by the cancellation. We never hide any decision from you and will put as much transparency as possible in any move made.

We offer a clear and fair refund policy. There shall not be any further financial compensation. In case you have a travel insurance, we are happy to write a cancellation report for you.



Thank you very much for your understanding!