For the ones who want to explore Halong further and with a pronounced taste for active travel. Let’s discover some of the quietest parts of the archipelago with a harmonious combination of comfortable cruising and fun activities. This tour features the unique cruise on board of the Treasure Junk. But with an extra day to paddle the fjords of the archipelago, their floating houses and deserted sandy beaches.
• Traditional junk with modern amenities.
• Great seafood cuisine.
• Unique itinerary with a quiet overnight anchorage.
• Interaction with the local people who call the bay home.
• Kayaking among the dramatic karst formations.
[Day 1] Hanoi – Halong Archipelago
Meals: lunch and dinner | Accommodation: Treasure junk
Depart from Hanoi at 8.00 for a 3.5 hours drive to Halong City through the Red River Delta.
Upon arrival, get on board of the Treasure Junk. Start cruising from Hon Gai pier to the boundaries of Halong bay while lunch with fresh seafood is served (vegetarian and kid's menus available).
After lunch, just make yourself at ease and relax. We are slowly getting off the classic cruising routes, far from the clichés of a busy tourism spot. Limestone rock formations will parade around us for about 2 hours before our first stop in Cong Do area.
We reach the perfect spot, remote and scenic, where the waters of Halong and Bai Tu Long hit and wave together. Let's get ready for a wonderful experience on a kayak. Let's get closer to the water and explore the bay in depth, paddle closer to the rocks and go to one of the many beaches in the Bay.
After one/one and a half hour kayaking, we get back on board to refresh and start the aperitif on the sundeck. The boat cruises to its secluded anchorage area. A fun cooking demonstration by our chef will be presented before dinner that allow you to make a simple Vietnamese dish that you can try before the main dinner that is served either inside or outside depending on weather conditions.
Enjoy a wonderful overnight on board in a cosy air-conditioned cabin with en-suite bathroom facilities.
[Day 2] Halong Bay kayaking
Meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner | Accommodation: Treasure junk
The breakfast will be served from 7.15am. But if you like, we invite you to share a cup of tea or coffee from 6.30am and participate then in a Tai Chi session before breakfast.
Around 8.30am, we board a smaller boat. It takes us even farther from the touristy area, to the hidden nooks of the archipelago. Today, we'll leave all the crowds behind and cruise deeper into Bai Tu Long Bay where we see more of the beautiful and strange rock formations that are only available in this area. As we cruise passing several floating hamlets including Cap La and Cong Dam, we enter the centre of pristine Bai Tu Long Geology Park. A whole day of fun and relaxation with more kayaking, more swimming, more sandy beaches, more floating houses, more local cuisine, definitely a "cruise++"... There are many beaches here for you to discover as well.
We are back to our support boat for a delicious hot lunch at noontime. After lunch, we spend a little more time for kayaking or relaxing. Later, we meet up with a local fishermen family and board their boat and go fishing the trational way. Hopefully we can catch enough fishes for the dinner.
The guide will lead you back to the Treasure Junk in the mid-afternoon. Time to refresh and to make yourself cozy on the sundeck. Dinner will be served again either in the dining room or on the deck.
[Day 3] Halong - Hanoi
Meals: brunch | Accommodation: N/A
We will be back at the pier about 11am, and driven to Hanoi with an expected arrival time about 4pm. The day will be short so let’s wake up early to take the maximum of it.
Coffee, tea and cakes will be served from 6.30am. Wake up smoothly while witnessing the silence of beautiful misty bay. A 30-minute Tai Chi session will be organized, energize your body and soul or just allow yourself some time for a sunbath with a cup of coffee.
About 7.45am, we hop on bamboo boats to go visiting a secluded floating village surrounded by the mountains. We trace our way between numerous floating houses and small rowing boats that serve the everyday life as vehicle, itinerant shops, fishing utility, sometimes overnight shelter.
Back on treasure before 9am, we start cruising back to the pier. From 9.30am, a brunch will be served. Take a last glance at the rocks, standing still as the eternal guardians of a kingdom, we are about to reach the pier.
Once on land, we sit in a small café to wait for our overland vehicle.
• Tides and weather conditions may alter the times of meals and other activities.
• In line with our responsible vision of tourism, please note that we do not include the most popular caves of the bay in our program. We consider that they are an insult to heritage preservation.
• Tour program is subject to change without prior notice.
• For your convenience, and if you can arrange smaller backpacks, please leave your big suitcase at Handspan's secure storage.
• On the way to Halong and back to Hanoi, we will stop at a place with food, beverages and souvenirs for sale. This is not to trick you and that will be the only times of the whole trip you may feel in the tourism mass. But that is the only place on the way, where you, your driver and your guide can use clean toilets without being forced to buy anything. Thanks for your understanding.
PRICE PER PERSON IN US DOLLARS
From 1 Oct 2016- 31 Apr 2017
|Price per person||317||379|
|Supplement for single room occupancy||129||162|
Summer promotion: From 01 May 2016- 30 Sep 2016
|Price per person||301||360|
|Supplement for single room occupancy||122||154|
• Accommodation on Treasure Junk.
• Meals as specified in the program.
• Kayaks and safety gear.
• Dedicated support boat for the second day.
• Tender boat.
• Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced driver.
• The services of an experienced English-speaking guide.
• All entrance fees.
• VAT and other taxes.
• Hotel in Hanoi for the last day.
• Beverages, gratuities and personal expenses.
• Individual insurance.